Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many netriders does it take to change a lightbulb?

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by chicken78, May 6, 2012.

1. This was emailed to me earlier today.

How many motorcycle forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” …

another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post “I can’t see S$%^!” and their own light bulbs

7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”

13 to say “do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn’t the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Shouldn't this be posted in Maintenance and Servicing ;) :p
  3. This is Netrider, so 1 to ask if the new light bulb is hot
    • Like Like x 7
  4. And pics.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. i enjoy this on multiple levels as:
    1. people often ask people on netrider if females that they know are hot or not.

2. light bulbs produce heat
  6. 7 people to post how the police are responsible for the light bulb blowing in the first place.
  7. *edit*

Bugger - Already said ...

Carry on...

8. It's amazing that the bulb got changed at all after all the indecision over who was going to lead the operation and who was gonna go TEC
  9. In amongst all that, Did the light bulb actually get changed.
  10. No, which hand did you use to put the light bulb type questions?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. And there is always one which is lost along the way.
  12. 3 to turn it into a nodding thread
    • Like Like x 2
  13. If my 'nod' button was working I'd give you a 'nod'. As it is you'll just have to settle for a 'nod' so here it comes :

• Like Like x 1
  14. There is a nodder in every thread :p
  15. - At least a couple to discuss appropriate safety gear for changing the light bulb..
    - A couple to say that anybody who changes a light bulb themselves these days is a reckless idiot, gear or not.
    - A few to question whether the speed of light is an appropriate limit (if light were travelling at 1079252842km/h instead of 1079252850km/h, the bulb may not have blown in the first place).
    - 3 or 4 to take the thread OT and start talking about boobs.

... etc..
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Boobs!
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Point of order: that subject is always ON topic
  18. Has anyone written to TAC re the lightbulb ad?
    • Like Like x 1
  19. How? There's no light yet... No one has changed the light bulb yet

20. I LOL'd so hard at that... =D> well done.