Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many litres for reserve fuel tank on gpx250 ?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by nicoleq, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Hi, could someone please tell me how many litres the reserve fuel tank is on a 1989 Kawasaki gpx250. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks!

2. It's is only 1 litre, I found it on page 24 of the owner's manual for a 2005. I wouldn't think it had changed.
  3. Thanks heaps for that. Unfortunately I didn't receive a manual with the bike. :grin:
  4. Hi here is what I can tell you I hope it helps. To keep things practical. My 1991 GPX250 has an 18 litre fuel tank. When full I get about 350ks before I have to switch to reserve. It then takes about 15 litres to refill. By my maths that makes the reserve about three litres. My fuel consumption is around 3.5 litres to 100ks. So I figure after hitting reserve I can safely do another 50ks though I try not to. Hitting the trip meter at each fuel stop generally prevents me getting caught out. I did these measurements on the advice of a more senior rider / relative. Bloody good advice I think.
  5. Ps we filled the tank from empty when rebuilding bike and it took nearly four litres for it to run on the "on" setting on the tap instead of the reserve setting.
  6. I'm lucky to get 250kms out of 15L on mine, so riding style definitely has an impact.
  7. Yeah the roads make a difference too. Not much stopping and starting for me so lots of 6th gear cruising with just a bit of fun thrown in to make the ride to work enjoyable.