Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many Ks Gixxer 750 full tank???

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by stealthK7, May 25, 2009.

1. About to do a long distance ride on my K7 Gixxer 750 and was wondering if anyone knows how many Ks i can expect to get out of a full tank?

Id hate to run out in the middle of no where :(

It will be mainly highway cruising speeds, any advice is welcome, Thanks

2. Can't really help with a K7. FWIW my K1 gets somewhere around 250km of freeway droning on my normal daily run from full to fumes (18L) :shock:
  3. I get about 180km before the reserve light turns on. Sometimes less though :)
  4. My 99 gixxer 600 got about 180 in the city and 240 in the country before the reserve light came on.. Both of my gixxer thou's (K1 & K8) are about the same.. I did stretch the 600 to nearly 300 once, had less than 1/2 litre in the tank when I filled up though.

You will get less if you're heavy with the right hand.
  5. 240km sounds about right on my 750 K7. My riding involves a combination of inner suburb and country (100km/hr) riding.
    Although, according to the manual the fuel light will 'blink' with 3.5lt remaining etc, I always plan a refuel stop after a maximum 220km of travel so have never experienced a fuel light on scenario.. nor do I wish to :LOL:
    Enjoy the trip man !
  6. anyone know how many ks it will get when on reserve? i didnt even know my bike had a reserve :oops:
  7. gsxr's (2001 +) have a two stage reserve system..

There is a fuel light on the dash.. When there is approx 4 litres left it will start flashing. When there is 1 1/2 to 2 litres (depends on year model) it will light up solid.

My K1 1000 goes solid with approx 2 litres left

My K8 1000 goes solid with approx 1 1/2 litres left..

The K1 has a 18 litre tank, the K8 17 1/2.

There is no fuel tap on these bikes.

I get a min of 35 k's once the light starts flashing while commuting (2/3 freeway, 1/3 normal roads)
  8. Thanks tim