Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many KM's on a new bike?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by betterloudthantoolate, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Just a quick question, i hope this thread is in the right place, i was wondering how many KM's i can expect to see on a new bike that i've purchased?

I've never had a new vehicle before, so does it come with 0km's or do they put a few km's on it for some kind of testing purposes or whatever?
  2. Between 0-10K My last bike had 9K on it my 1st 5k my 2nd .9K
  3. Yup bout 5 to 10. They have to test ride it before delivery. Check when it was rego'ed too.
  4. Cool, thanks for the quick replies guys
  5. I think mine had 20km on it, although I did see it with 0 as it came out of the crate. Our car had 10km on it.
  6. mine had 0 in the shop, but 7 when i picked it up... they generally take it round the block to make sure everythings ok before you ride away... i guess it depends how big their block is lol
  7. Mine both had 0.0
  8. My last two had 0.
  9. Mine had 84km IIRC Maybe a bit of sneaky test rides, dunno. Although they wouldn't let my uncle take it out, so maybe it was just the staff taking it for a spin *shrug*
  10. My GSX650F had 0 when I picked it up which was a surprise to me.
  11. If I bought a new vehicle and it didn't have any K's on the odo I'd be asking for a refund of the pre-delivery charges.
  12. Mine had 2
  13. Mine had 4, however I was once told that when they put them together at the dealership, they run them in before plugging everything in, and hence many take delivery with zero.