Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many kms do you do?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by OZChris, Jan 5, 2008.

1. After 7 months, I have finally clocked up 1000 kms on my bike.

This got me thinking, how many other riders clock up relatively low kms per year?

Anyone else fess up? :p
  2. Sorry matey - I got my bike last Friday (8 days ago now) and I turned over 550km today - and am going on my longest ride yet tomorrow... Might be cause I'm so excited about it being my first bike?!?! :grin:
  3. You've been taking it abit slow OZchris, I got my bike 4 weeks ago and I've already put 1800kms on it :shock:

You need to get out on some more netrider rides :grin:
  4. hey OZChris :)

i have had my latest bike (cruiser) for 4 months and have done almost 4000k's. a bad case of 'new-toy-itis'. :wink:
    i was an mad Enduro enthusiast previously, so the K's didnt come so easily on my old bikes. still i used the Enduro bike 'on-road' heaps.
    i also use my bikes to get to work when weather permits. (i have a cage too)
  6. sorry for yelling.
    i got all excited.
  7. +1

Maybe you need to visit us up Sydney way... we'll get you out more :LOL:
  8. Not enough! Especially when I'm busy with work.

1000km of twisties is better than 1000km of highway riding. That's what I think but others may disagree.
  9. :rofl:

I get my full license at the end of january. By the end of febuary I'm sure I'll need another service (6000kms later). But then again I'll have 3 months of pent up urges to ride :grin:
  10. I booked my bike in for the first service before I picked it up ... did the 1k in 5 days riding ... plan to do a couple of 500km days next week.

11. Bought the zx10 in July 07 and just clicked over 9000km. About time for a service me thinks.
  12. Just done 19000k's in the last 12 months :grin:
  13. You don't enjoy riding? Thats like 5km a day..

Why bother? :?
  14. No, the bike is not my daily - I only manage to get out probably once a fortnight.

Also, as a learner I am still getting used to various situations (ie weather, day/night, etc)

15. i knocked up just shy of 115000kms last calender year.
    oh, you mean riding.
    well, 4000 on the RR (purchased in june) and 2 and a bit thousand on the other two :grin:
  16. OIC.. well that explains..
  17. between 14,000 and 18,000 kms a year is my average now but i used to clock up 600-700 miles a week in the uk
  18. had my zx7 p1 for 6 weeks and done 5 000 ks it was low k when i got it 16500 ks
  19. 60,000 in 22 months, and I don't even commute :p
  20. 14500 in 12months
    only had my bike on the road 6months of that.
    god bless rule-crazy cops, shit mechanics and italian reliability