Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many kms can you travel on a 05' R6?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by nosuchthing, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Hi All,

Although this is an ambiguous question, but what sort of kms are riders getting? 150km? More?
  2. On a fuel tank ya mean?
  3. A quick googling is showing up to 200k before the light comes on from 03/04 models...
  4. unless theres anybody whos worn out their engines in under a year : :]

but seriously ... i reckon you should get at least 250kms ... even if you give it a bit .. anyone think this is wrong?

my R1 will get at least that.
  5. lol my fuel light usually comes on anywhere between 140ks and 180,the most ive got on a tank is 240ks and it had half a litre left in it :LOL:
  6. :LOL: Seeing the way you ride i am not AT ALL surprised :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Are you folk serious?

My 98 ZX6R used to get 320km to the tank (18lt) before I needed to switch to reserve.

After the can and rejetting was done I was getting 280km before reserve.

Have the new bikes gotten thirstier?

Worst was the SP1, 170km before the fuel light came on, 223 before 4 people pushed me to the next servo :)

8. hahaha what are you trying to say? :p :LOL:

Yep,try revvin the bike above 4k rpms and see what your fuel consumptions like! :p
  9. I have a mate with an 2000 R6 who reckons he gets about 200kms to a tank usually.

Better than the 160-170kms I get on my little ninja.
  10. Be nice to Vic, back when he used to have a bike, they measured fuel consumption in bales per mile. :LOL:
  11. Lmfao :LOL:
  12. is it red or is it black or is it another colour altogether?

( :LOL: )
  13. 180 before my light comes on with a 01 r6
  14. Definately struggle to make 200 before fuel warning...
  15. crusing in 6th ive done 210 to the warning light, so probably 250 to a bone dry tank - I haven't been game enough to find out.
  16. same here (using premium, city riding)
  17. dude we've had this discussion before i know and i thought it was just because of the way i rode.

but after i came back from thailand i've been keeping it above 12-15rpm each gear change on a full tank and still had probably 40k left at 230km's

whats wrong with your bike?? :D