Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many guys here own an M50 or C50 have aftermarket pipes?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by M50, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Hi Guys, i am still confused as to should i put on a vance and hines system on my M50 or just debaffle it. Confusion starts with noise levels of the vance and hines which may be too loud. If i debaffle and decide to sell my bike later, i will have to buy a new set of original pipes which will render my old set useless. Whereas i can sell the vance and hines ones. I know of baffles that can be put on the aftermarket ones.
    Anyone with previous experience here will be really helpful!

2. Im worried about when I sell mine after I have drilled the pipes ,but I can't worry about it today ,im having to much fun with it.
    But if I had the cash ,go the new pipes and sell it with it, or with out ,either way your covered.

3. I agree sled. I am just not sure of the noise level of the Vance and Hines.

4. #4 M50, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  5. I Own a 2007 Boulevard C50

I have not de baffled mine

we drilled 8 holes in both pipes
    it sounds niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :grin:

now where is Blue14 hiding ???
    he hAS de baffled his

6. Thanks ladyrider, Blue14 and Peter_reebok has been in contact with me and has suggested to listen to their debaffled pipes. My only concern is that if i ever wanted to go back to original pipes, they'll cos a fortune to get from suzuki. A Vance and Hine's cost me $800.

7. Get the V&H pipes.. and put V&H baffles in them LOL

Why?? coz they sound and look SO good!!

8. Seems as though we need to arrange a small get together hey Jo.. :grin:

Next week has some good weather pending i believe, and i am sure i can feel sick already.. :LOL:

9. Yeah.. ordered the pipes. will get them fitted some time next week. Hopefully i will be able to get it in time for the weekend.

10. I hope i won't get pulled over for noise pollution.

11. I have been "sick" all this week cos of the flu *cough, bike*. I don't think i can be sick again so soon.

12. sounds like another Boulevard Krews?

13. I hear you loud and clear Peter.. Except remember we have lost one recently.. :(

14. M50, how did the new pipes go ? Can you give us an update?

Mike.

15. Hi all, I have been working in Singapore the past 4 months and the bike has been sitting in the garage for that period. I have been riding to and from work here though. I own a CBR1000RR 05 with GPR pipes. SOunds really awesome. Have you guys been on a cruise yet?

16. Were waiting for you to get back .... NOT !!! :LOL:

The weathers been good ... think lots of kms ... :grin:

How does the CBR1000 compare to the M50 (maybe I should not ask :) ) ? ... different type/style of riding ???

Mike.

17. Gday mate how are you.. Well to be honest the boulevards have been disappearing.. I sold mine, Jeimbo wrote his off, now has a bandit, and Peter Reebok traded his on an M109. See what happens when you leave us for too long, we all do silly things.. :grin:

18. Don't count Quik Blat or myself out just yet ... :LOL:

Mike.

19. The M109 is also a Boulevard - just a bigger one!

20. Yes right you are... :grin: