Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many bikes?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Conorkc, Nov 20, 2014.

How many bikes do you currently own?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2014.
  1. 1

63 vote(s)
  2. 2

32 vote(s)
  3. 3

9 vote(s)
  4. 4+

12 vote(s)
  1. Hello,

Just wondering how many bikes people currently own. This includes registered and unregistered, track, of road and fun bikes. I am looking at getting a second bike and am wondering how common is it for people to have 2 or more bikes.

Should be interesting to see the results!

2. It's been said before but it bears repeating,
    The ideal number of bikes is N+1 where N = current number of bikes owned.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There is a lot of truth in that statement! I am not sure that after I pick up a supersport, I won;t then also get an dirt bike.... where will it end!? :)

I wish I had Jay leno's problems
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. It never ends, mate. It's a disease.
  5. I guess my duallie mountain bike doesn't count! Need to keep the fat off somehow.
  6. Three currently. Two BMW K100s (one in bits and one unreg'd) and the DR650 which is running and licensed but isn't seeing much use at the moment due to being 4000km away from me for 95% of the time.
  7. I own one bike, my wife owns one bike. If I could afford it I'd own many bikes, but alas I cannot.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If we're counting spouse's bikes I'll have to change my vote lol...
  9. 3, The road bike, the trail bike and the "i'll restore it one day" classic (which runs but doesn't get a lot of use)
    But the trail bike is for sale as i don't use it that much. But only so i can get a tourer for trips away. So the total number wont change :D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'll go with the N+1 as the ideal number. I've got two, and there won't be a third unless I find some space.
  11. Currently, I have three bikes, well, to the purists, two motorbikes and one scooter.

I have been rearranging the stuff in my garage as much as possible, but, sadly, I can't seem to find enough space for another machine...... :-(

But, if there are any Hayabusa owners that are about to wander off for a six month round the world trip, I _might_ just be able to make enough space to look after the bike for you.......;-)
  12. Just one, the fun bike. Still working on getting approval from the Finance Minister for a commuter/tourer.
  13. I voted 4 as there are 4 in my shed, but one is really the missus. I am thinking of selling the cruisers though as they get so little use now. The vstrom is sooooo comfortable for longer rides, and the cruisers just hurt my butt.

I will probably replace a cruiser with a LAMS 500 upright bike with ABS for the kids to learn on.

If money was no object, then I would probably keep the cruiser because I love the look of it, and get a couple of dirt bikes too.

So N+1 seems to be the minimum...
  14. Sad to say only one, my street triple. Would like to add an adventure bike
  15. I have 2 in my shed at the moment. I have had up to 4 but I found it to be a chore as there was always something needed doing with one of them. Gets in the way of actual riding.
  16. I have six, but there's only ever 5 on the road at once (will update my sig. one day). Always working/rebuilding/restoring one. I'm retired, so have plenty of time to tinker and ride. I highly recommend the lifestyle ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  17. i have 2
    xvs 650 and dr650
    only been riding a year but im well and truly hooked, will be going off road for the first time this weekend
  18. 2, the xvs and the klx.

The gsf donated it's engine to a buggy. 4 banger 250 6 speed buggy, fun times to be had.
  19. 2 bikes. One being honda cbr500r and the other is on order 2015 BMW s1000rr tri colour :finger:
  20. 4 wheels move your body 2 wheels move your soul