Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many are left

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 89GSXR, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Now if you have an aussie muscle car, it aint difficult to find out how many or your make/model etc still exist and how much your collectable is worth. How come it is not the same for bikes.

I want to know how many 1989 anniversery edition black/silver gsxr 750s there are left. Apparently only 200 were imported into australia in 1989/90. I have one - how many are left?

Let me know if you have one too.

2. Cars are like houses, like bikes are to:

a) Apples
    b) Krugerrands
    c) Donkeys
    d) Rollerblades

Sorry dude... I have no idea. I think you'll find though that Japanese bikes tend to be more of a disposable commodity than certain cars. (yes, I'm hanging my head in shame)

Have you tried perhaps talking with a local Suzuki dealership/club/guy down the pub?

Good luck though! ;)
  3. I have 199 and am looking for the last one..

4. :eek:hno:

5. Bikes get raced, thrashed, crashed, stuck in the back of shed to get restored 'one day', canibalised for race cars, karts, buggies....

see where this is going???
  6. ^^^ what he said.

Although the same happens with cars, bikes are just more dificult to chase. unless they are registered or part of a club might be hart to find out. You best point would be to check with suzuki club.

Good Luck with it.
  7. I have 201, and they were all Australian delivered. Oh well.
  8. It's only what worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

List it on eBay with a $50,000 reserve, and see where bidding gets to.
  9. It's not the same thing, I know, but I got a shock this morning. I was riding down the highway about 1 km from home and I came upon an almost identical bike to mine.

Not as old as the Zook, obviously, but I wonder what the chances actually are of finding a gloss black, 15 year old VFR on your front door step, virtually? I've been riding VFR's for over 7 years and, so far, mine is the only gloss black one I've seen.

Mine is the one at the back with the orange rim tape.
  10. Soo... what spare parts did you get?

11. You are a sneaky and devious person, sir.