Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How long will I have to wait?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by chani, Nov 26, 2006.

1. I have decided to bite the bullet & just get my bike fixed via insurance.

I'm with Swann & my LOVELY MOTHER, who I am already forever indebted (is that even a word?) to will be transferring my excess into my bank later this week. She already paid the deposit for it. Guess I can now officially say I am one spoilt little brat!!

ANYWAY, I will be faxing my claim form tomorrow morning when I get to work. How long should I expect to hear from them & get my bike back?

I want it back as soon as possible so I can get back on it as soon as possible without freaking my self out & never riding again.

For those of you that haven't read the previous thread re: my accident. It seems to just be the front fairing. On closer inspection I have found nothing else will need to be replaced!! But I'm not a profesional!

Also, just filling the forms out now, do I have to get quotes first? Do I get to choose who fixes it? Because I don't know any bike smash repairers...

I've never done this before so any help is appreciated!

2. Too many variables here for a definite answer. But the main one is;
    How old is the bike (therefore how readily available are the parts?)
    My '98 Hornet was off the road for two months because I had to wait for the underseat tray part to come from Japan.
    You also need to consider painting, etc etc..... These things all take time.
    But it a a pest having the bike off the road with the good riding weather coming up.....
  3. It's a 2001 NRS 150 Repsol Replica...

So probably one of the worst I'm guessing.