Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How long does a bike service take?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by idrew, Apr 12, 2013.

1. I'm getting my first service done on my Yamaha XJ6N tomorrow at Yamaha City as that's where i bought the bike.

How long does the service normally take? Need to know if i should wait around for a few hours or go home and come back
  2. Ask them at the service centre. The main factor is when they get around to doing it. Often they book vehicles in and then sit them in a queue. Then they can get held up on another job.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. No worries. Might try and get there first up when they open as see what happens
  4. PS dandnong did the service in a few hrs for me so I just had some coffee nearby.
    MadBiker was working on the bike for the whole day.

PS didn't fix a thing and I got back "dangerous" (to a grate extent) bike.
    MadBiker fixed all possible small and big issues that I didn't even think existed.

Moral of the story, I'd rather bring the bike in for a day and let them take their time to work on it. Just ask for a loan bike.

And yeah, I'll only be doing any service at MadBiker. Not cheapest, but great work.
    Will do my best to avoid PS whenever possible.
  5. Depends on te service right? I just drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the arvo.
  6. 40min for a minor and we charge you for an hour, sometimes if we can 1.2
    But you aren't the only person or motocyclist on the planet and your bike will be among four that have to be done. So give it four hours or the service manager a quick $20
  7. Depends on the service, replace oil, filter and tune should take no more than an hour.
    You can organise with the service centre, they will tell you how long.
    I wouldn't use those larger mobs though if you want a bit of tlc for the bike.