Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC How legal is it?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by LostWallet, Jun 16, 2014.

1. This is some electroluminescent wire which has been cello-taped to the helmet, it is powered by a usb phone charger battery pack with a 5v dc rectifier plugging the usb to the EL wire

It isnt a blue light on my vehicle, but how legal is it?
    ask @Blueyy@Blueyy for opinions on what it looks like while im riding with it on at night.
    It doesnt interfere with my vision at all, except that i keep having to look in the mirror at it, or shop windows, because it looks awesome.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Some more pictures, because i have heard there is a 5 picture limit per post.

also, what colours could i legally have on the bike? obviously blue is out of the question
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. Ask your helmet manufacturer to approve it's use with their product.
    And sell the idea to them for a tidy profit (y)
  4. looks ok if that your thing but I don't know how long the cello tape will last
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sorry, I'm having trouble containing my vomit....

But to each his own. Enjoy...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. You trying for a part in one of these ...? :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Awesome ad. Be a btch to filter with all that crap on the bike tho...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blue is fine. Only restrictions on colours are red shining forward or white shining backwards. And no flashing.
  9. if i put red on the back and white on the front am i no longer allowed to do headchecks?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Awww, smilee, I thought that was the natural progression ... :wideyed:

• Like Like x 3
  11. ooo, Tron.....
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Look for coppers while on the road. If you spot one, ride in front of them for as long as you can see if they pull you over. Then you will know whether it's legal, in copper's term, to have those on.
  13. Greydog would probably prefer it in orange.
  14. Of course! Everything is better with orange.....
  15. Tacky stuff normally raises a smile, and is only acceptable........... during the lead up to Christmas
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. only another 6 months to go!
  17. Oh yes :) Stay tuned for my flashing Christmas lights and poxy $2 shop treetop angel. The tackier the better at Christmas.
  18. Can't see any legal barrier other than white/red as described for safety reasons

If you come over all Tron there is the potential for startling some unsuspecting motorist which might or might not be a good thing...at least they will see you I guess.
  19. Even with those bright lights I doubt anyone will you see you.

The active camoflage that comes with riding a motorbike will cancel it out.
  20. I think you need to put the same light on your bike. Like the "Neon Glow" under the cars in "The Fast and the Furious" AKA Fast and furious 1.