Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How I learnt to cook

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Scrambles, Apr 20, 2007.

1. #1 Scrambles, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Orrrightie :grin: I used to love the swedish chef... maybe that's why my culinary skills are a little, um.... how would you say... shite? :cool:

Thanks, Scrambles :p

3. #3 Brionnach, Apr 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Funny stuff!

I also found another classic Muppet clip, Manha Manha:

[media=youtube]YevYBsShxNs[/media]&search=

After seeing some muppet stuff, for some reason it took me back to a car trip that my family took from Churchill over to Perth back in 1982. I was six years old. I have this memory of going through the Adelaide Hills at dawn, and playing a tape named "Sesame Street Disco". Surely my favourite song from the tape couldn't be found on YouTube.....?

Oh yes it could! [media=youtube]1F8fi5uXIlo[/media]

I'm sure that's an embryonic Elmo boogying away in the background. Though I also remember the tape had a cool lead guitar solo.

4. Another Muppet tragic here; I paid $AU75 on Amazon for the original Muppet Show Cast Album (vinyl LP) and a further $AU30 for "The Count Counts" album. MY children were raised in part on long car trips with the Muppets or Jimmy Buffett as the backing tracks of talking about the weather, or deep and fascinating theological discussions :roll:....

{And you DO know, of course, that you can configure Google to Swedish Chef as one of its optional languages, bork bork??} :LOL:

5. My better half has the "Bert and Ernie, Bathtime fun" album on LP. It's at her parent's place though.

Love the swedish chef

6. For my money they were (And in many ways still are) the funniest and most original show out there.

Timeless.

7. I loved the muppet show as a kid. It had a good mix of childrens humour and adult humour, like the classic warner brothers stuff (Daffy Duck/Bugs Bunny from the 50's and 60's).

Its rare to see writing that clever on tv shows these days.