Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How high is TOO HIGH in terms of engine milage?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by cos13, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im looking at getting my first bike, its gonna be 2nd hand so i see lots of em with 30,000kms or more. Im cautious of getting somthing that might crap itself before i can sell it to upgrade.
    Bikes up to 250cc's maybe different to bigger capacity bikes so I'd like to hear from you lot about HOW HIGH IS TOO HIGH???

2. how long is a piece of string.
    useless comment, I know.
    others will be along shortly to tell you what has been told hundreds of times before.

• Like Like x 2
  3. i know of bikes which have been round the cluster and are still going strong.
    the number of the dial means shit all really, especially seeing how easy it is to wind them back.
    service history makes all the difference. a bike serviced religiously but has been round the world is likely to be a better buy than a bike which has done 20000km and never had an oil change

4. I bought my 95 Suzuki Across 250cc with 52000km on the clock back in 2007. Still ride it today with 86000km on the clock. I will ride it till it dies...since I can't afford another one. It has been a great steed.

5. hyosung's tend to let go at 1,000km
    Any other bike will last over 100,000km

Serious there are to many variables. Its depends on design, maintenance, how its been ridden, what quadrant pluto is in etc...

I'd be more concerned with how the bike has lived its life then how long its life has been.

6. y-u-no-guy.

why you no use search?

7. hmmm okay, so in cases where the bike has been looked after the milage shouldnt be too much of an issue. Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.