Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how far should you push a rear tyre ? Pics

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Bangr, Apr 11, 2006.

1. I wanted to do another 1000klm's but the shop said I should change it. oopps.

see pics under Rear tyre.[/img]

2. If only some of that wear was on the side of the tyres aye :wink:

3. That looks like you've done a burnout. Check out the ribbing on it :LOL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Josh

4. I was thinking the same thing. :)

5. no burn out , try good power . have a good look at the side , it is being used to commute . You guys have to look for a biatch on every thing .

6. On a ride to Phillip Island one year, I jumped on the SP to head for home.

Walking back to the bike, I see all these white stuff all over the tyre.

Get closer and see the canvas poking through the rubber. The ride home was a sedate one.

7. At the end of the day it's your safety, i would change it.
    Take in to account Melbs unpredictable weather, you don't want to get caught out.

1000kms on a communter thats what 2-4 weeks of riding?
    Change it, better safe the hurt and sorry.

8. was joking about the extra klm's , This is on the Duke I borrowed while ther Buell is being fixed , got the tyre 80% like that , Did the same today Vic , walked past the back of it and went (ooppps) best fix that , had to put a front on it as well to keep them matched , atleast now the rain does not scare me as much.

Cheers

9. Thanks for the reminder mate. :oops:

But when to do it? I barely have time to clean thing. :? At this stage if I'm heading to Benalla Thursday night I'll have to wash and detail it between a meeting finishing at 6 and coffee starting at 7. :tantrum: :LOL:

10. mate im not sure what ur talking about it could do another 2000k
    nothing wrong with that tyre at all
    just ride the bike on side of wheels to use up the precious rubber that wasnt used.....
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

just kidding