Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How does on "salt" a nut?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ad91on, Aug 7, 2011.

1. I mean, i have these mixed nuts that i'm eating, and i thought "gee, these could use some salt".

So i poured some salt on them.

But it just didn't work.

I mixed them nice and well, and, well, it just hasn't worked.

So is there some special technique to salting a nut?

Does it depend on the kind of nut?

Am i just a nut?

Here is a squirrel eating a nut.

2. Heat gently in a dry pan while sprinkling salt I think
  3. Dude, I don't know what you're smoking or where you got it....but we gotta hook up.

Only so I can tell you
    Drugs'r'bad, mmk!?
  4. Nuts are dipped in salty water then roasted. But in reality assuming this is not yet another one of your half baked questions google should reveal all
  5. That special salt's USP seems to be that it's fine and flakey, so you could probably get similar results using sea salt flakes.

Bonus tip: an unsalted peanut eaten with a plain M&M tastes just like a peanut M&M.
  6. According to takamii, it's should be heated gently in a dry pan, not half baked.

But salty water makes sense.

See i never thought of that.

Google is never as interesting...
  7. there were two peanuts in the park

one was a salted
  8. Try adding a bit of oil to help the salt stick
  9. You should wean yourself off added salt.

Salt is baad, mk
  10. I'm not gonna lie... i chuckled.

I may have chuckled more than once, too.

11. LMFAO :rofl: that is so friggen LAME that it's hilarious!!

No shit?? I never would have guessed! I wonder what a SALTED peanut eaten with a plain M&M tastes like... probably just like a peanut M&M with salt.
  12. hehehe I like this one :D
  13. Me too, best laugh all day..
  14. Kernel bud, i think that was the idea...
  15. same here.

ad91on, trust [MENTION=30531]Takamii[/MENTION], I'm pretty sure he's been a bachelor for a while... :LOL:
  17. you guys are nuts.

Ladies, make a line...
  18. A guy goes into the bar and sits down and orders a drink. Other than the bartender, there's no one else in the place. All of a sudden he hears a voice that says, "Nice suit." He looks around and doesn't see anyone and the bartender looks busy washing some glasses. A little while later the same voice says, "Nice Tie." The guy looks around again and doesn't see anyone. He finally asks the bartender if he just said something.
    "No," replied the bartender, "it wasn't me. It was probably the peanuts though. They're complimentary."
  19. I thought this was funny.

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says "Hey pirate, do you know you've got a steering wheel sticking out of your pants?" The pirate says "Arrrh, I know, it's drivin me nuts"

I HAVE ALGEBRA TO DO!! These stupid jokes are distracting me.