Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how do you tell if you have a grey import?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ibast, Jun 13, 2006.

1. My latest bike has an unusual colour scheme. I remember the guy I bought it off said something about having dealings with a wrecker who imports bits and bikes.

I'm starting to wonder if thats why my bike colour scheme is unusual.

He did mention the first owner was in the navy, so maybe he bought it overseas and then brought it in through the wreckers or something.

2. Look at the compliance plate, it says who the importer is.

Dont know what the Suzukis usually say, but post up whats on it and someone can probably tell you.
    I think you can also call a Suzuki dealer and they can lookup the VIN number and tell you if it was an Australian sold one.

More likley its been crashed and repainted. Its mostly the 250's and 400's which are grey imports.
  3. The compliance plate should have the word "IMPORT" stamped on it.
  4. Had a look. It reads something like "imported by suzuki to adr etc".

It may have had a paint job, but I doubt it, because it's got that factory look about it. Not any obvious respray, and not a top aftermarket job. Just that Suzuki factory minimum.

5. got pics of it??
  6. Put up a pic, someone will know if it was a standard release color :grin:

Or just dont worry about it, if its a good bike what does it matter :)