Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How do you know if you've married the right person?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Drew, Sep 7, 2006.

1. I think I know the answer.... :grin:

When time goes too quickly.

Today is my 4th wedding anniversary, and it still feels like yesterday that Mrs Drew held my hand and said yes :grin: :grin:

Spent over a year and a half of this sime apart due to work/living arrangements :( but the time has still gone way too fast.

It also happens to be 10 years since we first met. She must be an :angel: to put up with me for this long :LOL:

I'm so :grin: at the moment I just had to tell someone.....
  2. Congratulations!

I hope there's many more where they came from.
  3. Happy Anniversary to you & your better half :LOL:

Enjoy the day. Hope to catch up with you both on Wed night.
  4. Congratulations, I think that is great, looking for a similar relationship myself.
  5. Thanks guys :)

yep looking forward to many many more years together.

See you all at he GP dinner
  6. happy anniversary

my BF & I will be celebrating 4 years of unmarried bliss later this year

it's a great feeling
  7. thanks.

It gets even better aterwards you know...

guess i'm not doing to bad for someone who wansn't going to live to be 13
  8. Congratulations Drew and hope you have many, many more to come.

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversay last week...actually, we didn't, cos we both forgot until two days later :LOL:
  9. Congratulations to you too then :)

i'm not allowed to forget.... her birthday was Yesterday!!
  10. congratulations :LOL:
  11. congrats :)
  12. Congrats Drew and I hope you have many more together :grin:
  13. well done drew :grin:
  14. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks everyone! Just got back from nice meal and celebratory drink.
  15. From someone who's approaching their vinyl anniversary (33 and a third :LOL: ) - congratulations.

I've known a few that never made it past 1... :roll:
  16. I though you were going to say 45 or 78 for a minute there :LOL: yes i'm old enough to remember records!! I still have a few Led Zepellin and Jethro Tull around the place.

yep a few don't make it... we've got friends who only just made it to 5... then it was all over
  17. well i envy you ya lucky bastard . all the best.

My answer though is you know you've married the right person when you dont have to ask yourself have i married the right person
  18. *fingers crossed* that you don't split up 3 months after that like me and mine did :p
  19. thats not very positive :p
  20. As Den Monkey put it - "You know when you've married the right person when you don't have to ask yourself have I married the right person."

+1 from me.

There are no guarantees when it comes to marriage. It can be a bit of a roller coaster ride. You will face difficult times. However it's up to you if you choose to make your relationship stronger from this or weaker. Nothing can be perfect.

You need to give it your best and look out for and after each other. What you have is special and worth cherishing. Make the most of everyday. It's all very cliched but what I believe in. :)