Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how do you keep your spokes shining?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by jeffatav, Aug 8, 2006.

1. How does everyone wash and keep their spokes glistening.
    my honda never sees water and is wiped and polished weekly as well as chain lubed etc.
    how can I clean my spokes without a water blast etc. any advice?

2. Quick and easy method. High pressure washer and CT18.

Slow and painful method. CT18 diluted in a spray bottle and a polishing cloth.

3. Ok, give them all a good polish so then you will form a coating over them, this will allow it easier for the grit to wipe of. Try just keeping them wiped regularly. Otherwise best thing i reckon would either be window cleaner or crc on a rag and start wiping them down. By the way did i tell you how much of a pain in the arse spokes are to keep clean. :grin:

4. You can always get a price for Stainless :cool: - around $200 per wheel from memory. Located south side of Sydney and he used to advertise in Trading Post.

5. I clean mine with Mr. Sheen and give them a going-over with Purple Metal Polish - brilliant stuff!