Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how do you get out of sweaty leathers?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by carri27, Dec 9, 2006.

1. anyone got any tricks for gettin' out of their leathers at the end of a 37 degree day?

2. What an excellent question Carri!
    I went to a public loo after a long sweaty ride recently and low and behold I couldn't get the damn things back up (which is way worse than not being able to get them down!)
    Anyone have an answer????

3. 37 and wearing leathers - that’s completely bonkers.

On hot days Asphalt is my preferred exfoliant :LOL:

4. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    You poor bugger. I got myself some summer gear for the 30+ days - draggins & mesh jacket with a wet T-shirt underneath. No solution, sorry.

5. you could start by buying me a drink or 2....

6. wear a rashie, like the surfer type one, doesn't add to the heat buildup and the leathers tend to slide over it ....

either that or a can of spray lubricant :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Virgin Olive Oil perhaps :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

forgive me I'm on drugs .. but they are legal

7. I don't know the answer, carri, but I'm happy to volunteer to help you find it :LOL:

8. every day its mine..... :LOL:

the trick to removing and reinstalling leathers is to become a contortionist.
    .....i'm no help, but i'd like to know too :)

9. You guys suck! :LOL:
    This is serious! Don't laugh- it is a fair dinkum question!
    Apart from having no skin left after a fall- what options are there?

10. That's the exact reason why I didn't buy leathers. I put them on. They were snug. I got a bit warm and wriggled for 5 minutes just to get the left sleeve off far enough so that I could pull it off with my right hand. The pants were difficult as well. Anything other than leather is the answer. Its either that or hit the a/c for ages until you cool down.

11. Oh but they look sooo good!

12. when i went for my first track day i bought myself a pair of skins. put them underneath and they worked a treat. was able to take off and put the leathers on but still keeped me cool and stopped the sweat

13. Thank you! Much better than lube!

14. great idea goosh. where did you get them?

thx nobby. not sure that i know exactly what this is or how it works. can you get them for bottom half as well as top?

15. yer you can get them as a top or bottom. i got mine from rebel sports. they have long and short lengths in both the tops and bottoms

16. As Goosh said.. yep ya can, we are talking the same thing, you could also try any of the outdoor stores, Anaconda, etc, as they also stock them.

17. it appears my post has been deleted aghh well..

18.  Top