Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How do you dry your gear at work?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Jabba, Sep 17, 2014.

1. I use this very expensive yet effective clothes dryer by IBM.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. It's a couple of Cisco 6500 and a Cisco a Nexus for me.
    Just turn off the air con in the Comms room and your gear is dry in about 15 mins
    Boss hates the high temp email though.......
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. and if it's dripping just keep it away from the moisture sensors lol!
  4. Well there's a freeze drier in my lab which I spend the day next to which will suck the moisture out in a vacuum at -100C. Haven't been game to use that on the gear. I could whack it in the desicating oven but that smells like resin and fish.

I just hang it like a peasent.
  5. Peasent method for me too.
  6. Merchant class coat rack. Just for two wheeled transport types, so probably get us jailed in Qld.

Jabba I hope you didn't go commando that day.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Our locker cabinets are in the server room so I've used similar drying methods as well....

8. Wow, how expensive is that chair?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I'll never tell!

A couple of grand. Again, putting our resources to good use!
  10. Wow, if I tried to dry my gear in the DC. My boss' boss - who rides as well, would string me up by the balls.
  11. Hahahaah... Years ago I worked in an environment that had rows of cabinets stacked 40-deep with SunFire x2100's that could dry a soaked-through jacket in about 3 minutes 8)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. That's why you have to hide it. Walk in with your gear on, walk out in your jocks... people will be none the wiser.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. I'm so glad we have more than one clothes dryer.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I'd be shot and then fired if I did that at work....let me ask the infra guy.....no he'd use an axe on my face.
  15. Yes. Just hang it and if you have a fan of some sort point it to the gear and it will be dry before you know it ;-)
  16. Oh my god

Wet aisle, dry aisle.

I don't think moisture and datacentres are a great match somehow.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lol it's so warm in there moisture isn't a problem. As long as i don't take them in there dripping of course.
  18. I use the good old Air con vent and a fan for my Gloves and just hang the rest of the gear
  19. I used to put my gloves on top of the small water heater/chiller that lived under the kitchen bench. It was only about 400mm square. One day one of the other bikers saw them there and after that I had to fight for space with all the other riders.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. P570?