Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How do you dispose of fuel?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Tiga, Apr 19, 2006.

1. There's probably a realy simple answer this but where do you dispose of fuel if you live in Melbourne CBD?

I've got a few litres of contaminated petrol which I don't exactly want to pour down the sink. I asked at my local servo and they were no help. Any suggestions?

2. got an ex boyfriend ?? or someone thats pissing you off

lol

leave it opened in a sheltered corner some where safe from kids or stupid adults .. and it will eventualy evaporate

3. Two options :

1: keep it for the GP so we can make some smoke rings :wink:
    2: take it to any workshop they should gladly take it off your hands
    to use as parts cleaner or put it in there waste oil drum :)

4. EPA Information Centre (03) 9695 2722

5. Turn it into two-stroke by adding oil and using it in the lawn mower.
    Poor it on the weeds.
    or use it to clean with down the track.

6. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

either that or filter it out and use it on the lawn mower...
    or
    what cats said leave it and it will evaporate...

but i know what i would be doing :LOL:

7. evaporation works...

8. whats it been contaminated with..? water? oil?

yeah mower sounds good.. or workshop..

9. Whatever you do, don't leave it sitting around near any rags.

The anti-terror law could see you locked up forever, without charge :shock:

I suggest sniffing it all away

10. yep take it to a nearby servo, prob best to go with an independent one rather than coles or wollies cause they are less friendly, and just ask if you can stick it in their disposal drum.

thats what i've done before and they were happy to take it cause it was only a small amount.

11. It may not be very contaminated at all. I was suspicious that there was water in my fuel so I drained my tank. My problem is not really fixed though so I suspect it wasn't the fuel at all. However, I'm not planning on putting it back in, just in case.

I live in an apartment so I don't have a mower. If anyone wants it (there is approx. 10 litres of regular unleaded), I'd be happy to drop it around to you. It's in proper fuel containers so storage should not be an issue. If not I'll find a garage/servo that will take it.

Just keep in mind - it may be contaminated so if your mover is your pride and joy do not put your hand up for this stuff!

12. or you could do what generalyuehfei did and drink the stuff, on second thoughts better not. He was complainig about the bad taste and petrol burps afterwards. :roll: :rofl:

13. If you wanna dump it. Drop it in to HQ. I will bring it to work.

14. Bonfire!!!

15. We don't need no water let the mothe.....

Justin.

16. just use it in the bike

1 litre to every nearly full tank

itll be diluted and filtered out safely enough

fuel is too expensive to waste these days

17. add 1kg of vaseline... 500 ml of bleach.... N.A.P.A.L.M!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Disclaimer: do not attempt to extinguish with water.... infact do not attempt to extinguish... whatever it hits will be burned beyond recognition

. I shouldn't drink anymore :oops:

18. Surely you know someone witha shitty old car/bike that would take it off ya hands...