Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How do you convince a motorcyclist to pull over to convey info?

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Greydog, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Was in the cage today, heading to Menzies Creek as there was a grass fire in sister's paddock and had to check horses (she's in Tassie). Was following/in front of a lady learner rider on a cruiser, trying to tell her about fires in the Dandenongs (another reported in Gembrook), but I couldn't do so bc she ignored me -although she knew I was trying to get her attention.

What do you think is the best way, without intimidating people?

She ended up turning into Cardinia Park.

2. Hazard flashers?
  3. Front bumper into the side of the bike would work a treat, but wouldnt win you a friend! LOL

Seriously, try waving her down and if she ignores you or sees you and chooses not to acknowledge, you have done all you can. Can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
  4. Shoot the tyres out
  5. You tried your best. It would take a hell of a lot to get me to pull over while on my bike.
  6. Without trying to sound sexist I think, particularly if you were female, then this would be the case in a lot of instances.
  7. Slightly OT, what were you doing in Menzies Creek? I used to live there.
  8. Jump on the brakes in front of em and while your peeling them off the boot lid tell em what you wanted to tell em. You'll certainly have their attention.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. My sister and her husband live there, and I had to go move the horses due to fire.
  10. Question is, would you pull over for some random in a car?
  11. Love tap should do it
  12. I always carry a koala.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. No that wasn't the question actually.
  14. that explains every thing
    • Like Like x 2
  15. you should of flashed some leg im sure she would of turned for you
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Why not answer the original question then smart arse.
  17. Cos winding you up is more entertaining
    • Like Like x 3
  18. lol

you could try hi vis , thats would be the safest way
  19. :ROFLMAO:
  20. Most people should pay attention to ongoing repeated horn blasts. That usually indicates some sort of emergency. Once you have their attention you can wave them over. If they then choose to ignore that is their call.

There is a limit to what you can do though. At the end of the day if a rider is too stupid to pull over when someone seems to be indicating some sort of emergency, then that is there problem. After all, remember they were on a cruiser. :D
    • Like Like x 1