Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC How do I report this

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by minglis, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi guys, I was hoping to get some advice please. On the way to work this morning, I came around the corner (exit left off Kings way into Bank St - where office works is) and saw this on the road (pics bellow). I work right near here, so, when to work, and came back out with the phone. I took some video footage of the area, and converted it into these stills.

Attached Files:

2. .....

Attached Files:

3. ......

Attached Files:

4. The issue is: it appears that the car in the picture is the culprit, however, it's possible that they parked there after the offending car left. If it was that car, it's a horrible danger to everyone, but how do I report this? I went to the local police station, but they told me that unless they are seen ACTUALLY dropping the oil/fuel, then they can't do anything about it.
  5. You can probably forget getting anyone nailed for the spill but I would expect Vicroads to have a phone number for reporting hazardous road conditions. I've had good results from using the WA equivalent when it's been appropriate. Haven't tried reporting an oil spill though.
  6. Saw a local spill and reported it to a parking inspector who was nearby they sorted it.

So try calling the council as it looks a local road.
  7. Thanks. I reported this and they said they'd come and clean it up. I asked them about the road worthiness of the vehicle, they said that they can't do anything about it, and to contact the EPA. I'll try and track something down there.
  8. EPA said they can't do anything about it. If they'd thrown litter out of the car, or the car was smoky, they could help.

So, Police, VicRoads and EPA all say they can't do anything about this. Might be time to talk to a local member of parliament if I can.
  9. Could always try leaving a friendly note on the car :shrug:.
  10. If that car is leaking that much oil, the engine should be seized by the end of the week.
  11. That sucks, I thought the oil spill I passed this morning was bad.

The faux-heat signature leading to the car is amusing though.
  12. petrol or oil?
  13. What, like when you dial it it electrocutes you through the phone or something? :wink:
  14. Maybe cut down on the late night kebabs.

Boom tish.

Yes, I'm bored :D.
  15. sounds to me like you should take justice into your own hands.
  16. yeah, it does seem like that is the only way this car will be stopped. I ended up writing to the local MP. Probably wont do any good of course, but no one wants to take responsibility it seems.
  17. i was thinking more like a caped crusader approach
  18. Before we all get on the bash the Camry driver bandwagon, are you sure it was that car???

I'm as keen on Camry driver bashing as the next guy, but it's a toyota, there may well have been a Holden or a Ford parked there shortly before them...