Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how do i remove my seat?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Unjay, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Hey guys. Having a bit of an issue with my bike and id love some help.
    First off its a 92 Suzuki Bandit 250. The bike was fine a few days ago, but now i just cant get it to start. so im assuming its the battery after doing some research on here. The thing is though i cant even push start it, when i try it doesnt sound like its firing at all, even though when i just tried with the starter button i got a few grumbles before it gave up.
    so i figure ill try putting a new battery in. its an old bike, who knows how old the battery is.
    So any ideas how i get the seat off to get to the battery? its not like the newer models where u just insert the key (unless im blind and just cant find it anywhere).

any help would be much appreciated

2. yeh i saw that already. in the manual it says there is a key lock to release the seat, but ive looked everywhere and i cant find one on my bike. the manual is for a newer model i think because in the manual it shows a fuel guage but my bike doesnt have one

3. The key for the helmet lock also undoes the seat if you turn it the other way, according to my workmate who has one...

Hope that helps...

4. Failing the key, you may need to peel the edge of the seat to get to retaining bolts. That was the method for both my Trumpy and a CBR600 we're minding. Hope the reverse key method MV suggested works for you. We need Allen keys and spanners at our house :)

5. yeh thanks MV, you nailed it.
    it seems so obvious now. i hate being a noob :]