Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How do I get to the battery on a ZX2R??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by lil, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Hi all. I tried using the search function, but I'm really not very good at sifting through a couple of thousand posts ('cos I'm not really how to use the search function when there are two parts to the search :oops: :oops: :oops: ).

I need to get my cousin's bike started as his folks have to move out of their house and my cousin is OS with the army at the moment. The battery is flat as a tack and I was hoping to jumpstart it so I can get it to my place while they are in limbo. Can anyone help me please?

2. Hi Lil i am not sure but someone at ksrc-au.com will know :wink:
  3. If its like a ZZR250 (and a lot of other bikes) its under the seat.
  4. from my memory, it was under the seat. pretty its there
  5. I know where the battery is, I need to know how to get under the rider's seat. I can get the pillion seat off and I can see where the battery is, but can't work out how to get to it.
  6. Does this look right?: To take the seat off: remove the pillion seat, there is a handle inside, pull toward the rear of the bike, the back end of the seat should pop up. Battery + tools will be inside.

From HERE
  7. If the zx2r is the same as the zxr250. u gotta lift the tank up to get to the battery too.
  8. Thanks for your help everyone! The battery is on charge as we speak. 2wheelsgain, your post sorted it for me :cool: