Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how do i fit a gangsta style handbrake?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by squirrelgadget, Apr 16, 2008.

1. i wanna fit a hand brake on my 675 so i can start doing some sickass
    seatstander wheelies,and get the hang of some gangsta style spreaders
    i can get another brake lever and some brake line but i need to know how to set them up so i can still use the rear footbrake aswell
    can you help me??

2. Get Tex to fit it for you :)
  3. tex is very helpful then,i really wanna get out and start killen the streets
  4. Must... resist... modifications... to... bike... :shock:
  5. yeah that nam and the FUF crew are killen it,they rock the streetz
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  6. get out there and start doin what god designed that F4i for booga dude,
    and it wasnt cheap transport :grin:
  7. i would definitely recommend a dual caliper set up for extra power, redundancy, less heat buildup, less pad wear and ease of transfering between bikes. my bracket is made by hoheydesigns. i run a cbr600f2 caliper, cbr1000rr brake master and a HEL braided brake line.

however since you have a 675, there are no off the shelf dual caliper brackets. you will have to cut and shut two rear caliper brackets - not ideal (been there done that). your best option is a fullthrottleinc handbrake system which will work with any rear brake masters that use a 10mm banjo. it's about $400 US.

handbrakes rock... people always spin out when they see two clutch side levers. and when you do combos next to them in the car = priceless!
  8. AMEN,F4i 4 LIFE brother NAM good to see your on an injected honda now
    and you look like your lovin it :grin: