Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how do i break in leather jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ashrose, Jul 28, 2012.

1. hi guys
    i just bought a new leather moto jacket and am wondering how long it takes to break it in and is there a quick way of doing it and whats the best way to do it ??????

2. wear it and use it
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 1. Call all your friends over. (You will need atleast 6 friends)
    2. Sit friends in a circle around the jacket
    3. Grab the Jacket
    4. Chant "hummm hummm"
    5. Pass the jacket to the left and get that person to chant also
    6. Once it has gone around the circle try it on
    7. Go for lots of rides until it feels right

P.s. Smee prefers you to use the word Brake in this context and Break when discussing the Breaks on your bike :)

Seriously though, just like Smee said, wear it.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Do you have a female (or male) companion?
  5. Yes, wear it. Nothing else.
  6. 1. Get a treadmill
    2. Find someone fatter than yourself
    3. Pay them to wear the jacket while jogging for 2 hours

That's about the only way I can think of to simulate a few weeks of wearing it on a bike.
  7. wear it for awhile.. its like any piece of clothing or footwear.. takes a bit to get normal.
  8. smear kitten's blood on it.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I find putting Dubbin on it helps to soften it, with the benefit of waterproofing it and making the colour deeper, which is nice. Then I rode it the rain (ok not really my choice) and it shaped around my body nicely. Seems to work for my leather gloves too.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. That's to shrink it man... I've made that mistake before and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand idle by while someone else does it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You have to dance it in like the chick in the below clip. Be sure to post a Youtube video of you doing it ;)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

12. thanks every one
    some funny ones there but i think ill just wear it...
  13. We all know you're going to dance in it. You can't fool us, we've all done it.

we have haven't we?
  14. Definitely don't wear it when riding - that'll never work.....

Only use it to go to the Pub with your "next conquest" and talk it up how you ride a bike.....that'll bed the leather in like (snap)
  15. Just wear it....
  16. Put leather jacket on, get on bike. Ride through automatic car wash (pay for the drying bit at the end).

Jacket now fitted perfectly, bike also washed. Sweet!
  17. urine..
    will preserve and soften the leather, its cheap and easy.

it will also keep the 'normal' people away..
  18. And if you select the "hot wax" option your jacket will also get waterproofed.