Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How did you...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by The Predecessor, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Saved your arse off?

2. Personal loan?

0 vote(s)
  3. Hocked off your life possessions?

0 vote(s)
  4. Sold the cage?

0 vote(s)
  1. How did you obtain your first / current bike?

2. Took a chunk of the house deposit.
  3. saved $500 and bought it from a wreckers.
    lots of fixing and learning, which i reckon is the best way to get to know bikes.

at least then you can tinker with them later on :)
  4. Loan..

I'm of the "Credit Generation".. I think thats what we're called.. :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

I couldnt save that money... I always spend it once it starts to look really good.. :twisted:
  5. Redrew from my home loan.
  6. i am from the "credit generation" too, im not that old ;)

but i owe a grand total of $0 to any financial institution, loans are evil and i will never ever have a credit card (except the corporate card i have been forced to have for work) :grin:
  7. Sold a couple of race pushies.

But now I'm saving for a track bike and a dirt bike :grin: It's the only thing that gets me to work, gotta pay for my toys! :cool:
  8. Sold my cage (01 Lancer) for $10k and got the bike and another cage (92 Scooby wagon)
  9. Same here.

Chose "saved" because you've effectively paid above and beyond your normal repayments to get the redraw :cool:
  10. Saved my arse off. I've paid cash for all my vehicals. It does give dealers a shock sometimes cause when you say you'll pay cash, they assume you mean a cheque and are annoyed about having to count it. Last time I was nice about it and got a bank cheque for them. :grin:

But yeah, I was always taught to work for the things I want so that's what I do. Never had a loan or even a credit card. :) Have on the other hand spent much of my evenings in the past eating hombrand 2min noodles. :(
  11. Personal Loan.

Actually bought the bike with my Visa card, then paid it off before they could charge me any interest :)

I could have paid cash for it, up front - but I was taking the loan for such a short period of time, the interest was pretty negligible, so I opted for better cash flow and retention of 'just in case' money.

... plus, I know the bank won't have any problems lending me twice as much for my next bike, 'cause I paid this loan back without any problems.
  12. Where is the "what is it with you wogs and cash??" option
  13. First bike I loaned the money off my parents and sweat both blood and tears to have them paid back within 3months, I was studying at the time - but as it was during christmas break from uni I could work full time - and as I wasnt used to the extra cash I gave it straight to the olds..

Next bike, got a loan...I'm trying to pay back above the monthly repayment amount so I can have it paid off asap...however with another trip to the uk imminent, looks quite unlikely... :cry:
  14. We sold the BF's cage to get his first bike. We really only need one car.

Then he got a loan for his 1300, sold his 250 & we used the cash from that to buy my 250.

Sold my 250 & used the cash from that to get me a new PC.

I took out a loan for my Hornet but saved my arse off to afford the mods to it.
  15. For legal reasons i can't say. :LOL: :LOL:
  16. My tax return covered it. :cool:

Deposited the cheque, waited 5 days, withdrew it as shiny new yellow notes, and the bike shop swapped the yellow notes for a yellow bike.. :grin:
  17. Settlement money. :) And it looks like the settlement money will be buying me my upgrade in however many mths time too.

Thanks ex! :p

18. a little from column a and d, and a lot from column b.
  19. buy low, sell high kids, that's the key...
  20. Savings for the Z and the GTR. Both bought cheap, off Ebay sight unseen and worked on extensively.
    I have a thing about credit and motor vehicles, I also have a thing about not paying market value for motor vehicles too!

Regards, Andrew.