Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How can one "download" from youtube

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pvda, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Seeing this site is full of either bike nuts or computer nuts (or a combination of both) I thought I'd ask this question here.

youtube.com is a place you can upload short video files and I was wondering if there's an easy way to save the video files rather than having to download them everytime??

Anyone got any suggestions??

2. I dont think its possible
  3. I haven't found a way to download them... but haven't spent that long trying yet... surely there's a way :?
  4. Use firefox as your browser - then get an extention that allows you to download them.
    I think OOk or Video downloader does youtube. I know its one of them since I often grab things from youtube.
  5. Great idea but I'm stuck with IE at work and dial up at home (too slow & painful compared to superdouper broadband at work) so does anyone have any suggestions for downloading while using IE :roll:
  6. cant do a sneaky FF install?
  7. what ya gotta do is press play, then after a second u hit pause, then it will download. then u hit pause and it will play normally. once it's downloaded it can be replayed without having to wait.
  8. I use flock with the video downloader extension, works great :)