Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How can I service my bike without a centre stand??

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by powinc, Aug 8, 2008.

1. How can I service my bike without a centre stand??

How can I easily get the wheels off the ground to lube the chain & check the brake pads?

2. One word: Milk-Crate. (maybe two, not sure about the hyphen....)

I Reckon you can work out where to find one :wink:

3. Pop in to a spanner night, I'll show ya!

4. Buy a Paddock Stand, or two, if you want to lift the front as well as the rear.

5. I use a car scissor jack under the swing arm.

Lean bike onto jack under right side of bike, put a piece of wood under the side-stand, jack up right side just enough to get the rear off the ground, solid as a rock.

Takes me about 2 minutes now but I've done it a few times.

6. i found a pair of jack stands, one under the each fork along side the wheel does a good job of keeping it up and balanced. same for the rear, just put them under the swing-arm.

i'd recomend a race stand though, they're cheap and make life VERY easy. you can always use the jack stands on the front still.

7. If you don't like those options you can also use tie downs attached to your subfame/pillion pegs and hoist it up to your shed rafters or the like.

8. I just pick mine up off the ground with one hand and do all the other stuff with the other hand :LOL:.

9. real men lift it with the old fella and use two hands

10.  Top
  11. Two Hands? Two hands are for beginners.

12. Try a bit harder.

13. gee,thats helpful. :roll:

14. just buy a paddock stand,mate.
    you can get them for about 80 bux.
    to check the brakepads you can just use a little mirror to look under..