Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How big are your strips?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Chairman, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Mezteler's "Chicken Strip Assessment Technology" has taken the guesswork out of bragging. When 5 isn't enough, you can always aim for elephant.

Attached Files:

2. Thats really interesting, you might get a few crashes out of it if people are trying really really hard to get it down further.

But on the other hand it could be a good tool for working out how much room youve got left.

I like it!
  3. Are elephants fast?
  4. Very cool, but whats with the elephant?

Are elephants really good bike riders?
  5. you will get it one day, when you least expect it
  6. [​IMG]

"Yeah, but our amps go to eleven"
  7. haha thats funny someday someone can say I got up to the elephant strips
  8. Hahahaha.
  9. I think the elephant is Metzler's corporate logo..

Either way, elephant strips just doesn't have the same cachet as chicken strips :LOL:
  10. I'm guessing thats why their maximum '5' level is still lightyears away from being near the edge of the tyre. If you can't get it over that far you're on a cruiser or new to riding.
  11. I'd have the 5 worn off quick enough but the elephant would probably elude me for quite some time.
    I don't trust NSW council maintainance or other motorists enough to do it on a public road.
  12. Id have to chop my feet and probably pegs off to reach 5.
  13. great idea but you can normally walk past the back of a bike and get a good idea how the rider rides

very cool though =D>
  14. I don't like the concept - it's a gimmick like the Angel ST tyres. Demon my ar5e.

I wonder how good they tyres are though?
  15. I had an 02 zzr250 so I can confidently say, BS BS BS :) And both the centrestand and sidestand will scrape long before footpegs, but still allow you past 5.
  16. This is as far as I'm willing to go on the street:

17. Mine are looking very thin at the moment due to some action on the Oxley last week, but they will thicken up again now that I'm home. :)
  18. Even though Rider A's chicken strips aren't directly comparable to Rider B's, it's a berluddy smart PR marketing move from Metzeler.
  19. After track day, so kind of cheating:
  20. when u reach the elephant it means u got a big shlong