Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How about this for a custom numberplate?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by jbray, Jan 19, 2006.

1. There's quite a few Battlestar fans on here right?
    I like the way they swear on there without actually saying the real F word. How about "FRACK" as the number plate?
    Geeky or cool? Still available I believe.

I'd get it (err.. well maybe), but alas I already have a custom plate.

2. are the custom plate requirements different in victoria ?

in queensland for motorbike custom plates it has to be a combination of either 3 letters and 2 numbers or 3 numbers and 2 letters.

the numbers and letters have to be seperate. so you cant use a number instead of a letter to spell out a word unless its at the start or end of the word

kind of limits creativity with plates :(

3. Not bad.

I'm sticking to my normal old boring number plate...less chance of remembering if someone has to report it.

Other plates that aren't so bad:

noob
    n003
    ufo
    fupig

Edit:

I just finished watching episode 212 and it's still the best sci-fi out there

4. Don't think there's any requirements for there having to be any numbers - vplates web site doesn't have a problem with it, and I've actually seen BRUCE and a couple of others on bikes before.

5. Mine are ALITI & KITZO and both of them have my name on them too VIC :)

6. Absolutely. It's my number one download I hang out for every week!

7. What the F,U,C,K is battlestar? And why say something else if you meant to say fcuk?

8. Battle star galactica. A series from the 7-0s I think, but remade the last couple of years after movie proved popular :)

9. Battlestar Galactica - the new series, season one was on free to air here last year. And if that's not enough information, it's a sci-fi:
    http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

I would say they say frack instead of f@#$ to get an earlier timeslot, while still achieving the same effect, eg. saying stuff like "mother fracker" and "fracken idiot" but technically they're not swearing.

10. You could always try PEN15

Rumour has it it was actually issued in america and then taken away when they realised they were chasing one down the highway

11. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

12. Vic Custom plates are the equivalent of QLD "prestige"plates, which let you put 5 letters in a row for bikes.

see www.ppq.com.au for QLD plates
    www.vplates.com.au for VIC plates

The only difference is that Vic custom plates cost $395, the equivalent plate in QLD would cost $2,195 :shock: :shock:

You guys are getting ripped off. :cool:

13. yea for a $1's worth of metal and 50cents of paint

personality and creavity cost too much in the modern world

14. What about OWNED, it says it's not available for cars but you can still purchase it for a motorbike.

15. I saw a real RAT bike in Elizabeth street a month or so ago with
    PLAN B as the plate

Looked like PLAN A had failed :LOL: :LOL:

16. SMEG, if you're a red dwarf fan.

17. I've got a mate Steve, whos got a really hot mum. I've always wanted to get STEVESMUM plates....

18. That's awesome! :) You'd have to have a Busa to bare that plate.

19. Even better, PWNED is available as well :cool:

Not much us on a 250 though :p

20. :shock: :shock: :shock: HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Geez, I thought we were getting ripped off cos ours have jumped nearly every year (I think) and are now $395.....

$2195......that is just PLAIN robbery!!!!! FOR SHAAAAAAME PPQ!!!! [-X [-X [-X

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: