Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hotmail corruption

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by ibast, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Is anybody getting a msn ad. over the top of their hotmail at the moment that won't go away?

Or have I done something wrong?

I can't access the site from work because of blockers.

2. I had that earlier this morning before I left for work.

I can't check it at the moment! Damn I.T department!
  3. Errr, no I'm not, maybe your "special"?
  4. Not on my Hotmail. But I have Norton 360 crippling my PC, so it probably can't get any CPU cycles to run. :LOL:

Back, back I say. You be infected!
  5. Nope, but I do have AdBlock installed so maybe it's doing what it's supposed to for once :).
  6. this is what it looks like

Will be finding a different email provider if this continues.
  7. Ah. You are using the Windows Live web client. That explains how they are able to do it. I find that extremely annoying on the ninemsn site as well.

Why don't you install the Windows Live Mail application locally, and use that. I do, with my Hotmail accounts, and find it works very well. Better than my old Outlook 2002 actually. No advertising or anything to distract me either. I was reluctant to install it initially, suspecting Microsoft would trojan in some undesirable functionality. But I haven't found anything but a good email client. :grin:
  8. Ask for your money back :LOL:.
  9. If i could upload all that advertisement out of my brain I would.
  10. I use Gmail.

never had a problem with it.. get e few spam messages. Once you tell the system that a message is spam it gets most of it in future...currently get about 1-2 spams a month at the moment that make it past the filters.
  11. It isn't SPAM though. It is MSN Pop-over Flash advertising. Almost impossible to get rid of unless you disable Flash, as far as I know.

I doubt there is a setting in Options to turn it off either. :roll:
  12. I've had this for a while now, i just reload the page and it skips to the next ad, which is normal sized...

Also this morning, i think hotmail changed their scripts, as my Opera 9.25 client would reach the site, but could not click on or do anything, but an update to 9.5 worked and is all back online now. :grin:
  13. Yeah I got this, this morning. Although my Mozilla was updated only a couple of days ago.
  14. +1 to Gmail!!!

Its pretty user freindly and also has a chat feature.

Also Its the most acessable mailing service from internet blocked work places. Cuz they would have to block off google to block gmail! :p

In translation... Its good.
  15. Yahoo Mail is good too. As with Gmail it allows pop/smtp access so you don't need to browse to the website if you set your email client such as Eudora, Thunderbird, Lookout! or Lookout! Express.
  16. I dont think the auto-update takes you to the new version 3, try downloading that and seei'ng if it helps :)