Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hotbodies Race Glass

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Maggsy954, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Hello,

I am wanting to purchase Hotbodies fairings for my 05 model zx6 though was told that they might not fit due to the standard headers on the bike. Just wanting to know from others who may have purchased these if they did in fact have trouble fitting them. I'm not sure if the issue was bike/model specific or just a general 'beware'.

thank you
  2. I haven't had great experience with hot bodies for fit..... Go racers edge IMO....
  3. Same problem...it isn't so much the headers as the cat. The cat is fatter than a race exhaust. Even if it fits inside the belly pan, which is fully contained ie. a tub, the extra heat will cause problems. You can get a link pipe for some bikes to eliminate the cat without replacing the whole exhaust system.
    One such product....
  4. Thanks Mike for the feedback, much appreciated mate. Could you just line the bottom with heat wrap? Or is it just to hot and will warp the fiberglass?
  5. On my 10r when I first put raceglass over the standard exhaust it got hot enough to discolour the paint.....made my own link pipe by gutting the cat.
    Adjusted the power commander, now the 'cat' runs cooler and the bike runs better.