Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hot Air Balloon Rides

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pvda, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Anyone tried one yet?

Would be a great veiw but the lack of control during landing tends to put me off.

I'm watching a pair of them gliding between the buildings in the city as I type, I'm 19 floors up and they are at the same height I'm at.

2. Yep, went for a ride a couple of months ago. Surprisingly smooth and calm for the entire trip. Great views from a variety of heights. We went over the Eureka tower and were almost skimming the houses in North Melbourne. Very few landings go wrong and the pilots put them down very smoothly. They go early due to calmer winds. Now is pretty good. You will not get cold in the baloon due to the burners being about 6 feet from your head. I enjoyed it heaps. Bloody early start though!!
  3. My mum and stepfather did it a couple of years ago for a wedding anniversary. Mum's scared of heights and was a little concerned, but LOVED it!!!

:D :D :D
  4. What are the costs for doing it over the city?
    Where do they leave from and what time do you have to get there?
  5. Ballooning looks great, woudl liek to try that sometime.
    This place has ballooning, but also many other wonderful and exciting experiences :)
  6. Not for me . I dont hate hieghts i just hate anything like planes etc that im not in control of . If i want to go high i'll do it the illegal way 8) 8)
  7. hijack a plane?
  8. I've done it twice, you'll love it :)

btw I am terrified of heights, and it was fine.
  9. Was driving to work a few weeks ago and one of the baloons was running below tree level from my viewpoint and really close, and i knew there was nowhere to land near there so i assumed it was gonna crash. I drove real quick to where i thought it was gonna come down hoping to get a gawk at hot air baloon carnage, but no luck, it recovered.
  10. Balloon chaser :)
  11. We had a couple come down on the golf course of the indooroopilly golf club when i worked there . They had an agreement with the commitee to land when time ran out . First time it happened i thought they were crashing.
  12. For the rest of us normal heighted people - don't fuss about the hat! :p :LOL: :LOL:
  13. I'd love to try it some time :)

but even more so, I want to build one of those ultra-lights (the ones that
    are basically a chair and fan stuck to a hang glider)
  14. $310 for one hour - I like to do it but that's a early-morning flight to the Gold Coast and back??

Mmmmmmmmm.... warm..........
  15. :shock: :shock: i hope thats for 2 people.