Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hospital Bound

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by SANZY, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Hi All,

Just wanted to tell everyone my story. It Is about a lone motorcyclist who took on a car that was on partly in my lane after trying to turn into a shopping centre.

i was ridinjg at about 70KM/H (speed limit) and moved to the right lane to avoid the drivers who pull out of the shopping centre to quick. unfortunatly the driver who was trying to quickly duck into the shops did not see me in the fast lane untill they were party blocking the lane. By this time i could not move around them and i hit them prity hard.

Now as is so common the car won this round. and in doing so racked up to following damage to myself, my equipment and my ride

broken right femur (held together witha pin and screws
    broken and dislocated right ankle (hels together with plates and screws)
    broken right foot (held toghter with plates and screws)
    skin gfraft from right thigh to right shin (cover an open cut i got)

my gear
    helmet damaged (bined)
    tecnik brand jacket from 2 pc suit cut off bt ambo's
    daytona brand boots cut off by ambo's
    jeans cut off by ambo's
    tank bag ripped apart when bike flipped
    mobile phone crushed when bike flipped

1990 gpx250 right side muffler and foot pegs ripped clean off
    right side fairing and top body work flatterened.

just waiting for insrance to tell me what is happening with the bike and the gear

and trying to keep my sainity in the hospital
  2. Sanzy... I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. I was actually getting a bit concerned for you and had an awful feeling something may have happened.

That's 4 people I personally know in the last 3 weeks who have had accidents, 3 of the 4 were not at fault.

Massive hugs, love and healing vibes being sent to you. How long will you be in hospital for? Which hospital are you in?

love n light
  3. shit man.... how long are you gonna be in hospital for?

he said that he didn't see you or what?

everything gonna be fine when you get out?

hope you recover quick...
  4. man that sucks - hope the recovery goes well.
  5. that sucks arse dude... bloody smidsy's (sorry mate i didnt see you)... go the netrider born acronyms :)
  6. When are they gonna make a bike with turbo boost so you can jump over those pesky cars that like to cross the line?

Hope you have a speedy recovery dude
  7. shit dude that sucks

Does your insurence cover all your riding gear?
  8. Whoah!

Glad you survived and hope that your recovery is quick and complete
  9. god damn it.

you still in hospital?

If so which one, and you want some visitors?
  10. That's what I'm trying to find out! Sanzy - do you like chocolate? If so, what's your favourite?
  11. perhaps this is why Victoria has stupidly low speed limits - because people insist on
    travelling at the speed limit even when the conditions arent safe to do so. :roll:
  12. Ouch, how horrible. What's going on in the world at the moment. Wat too many people are getting cared up by tin tops. Get better soon
  13. Doh!

Unlucky dude sorry to hear.... :shock:

But uh on the wreckage side of things, is your tank still good??? :D
  14. Last time I checked Penrith, Sydney, NSW was not a part of Victoria, but go ahead and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
    By the way you spell your name silly, even if you are a Kiwi.
  15. Hi All,

In no order at all.

Yes the other guy's insurance should cover eveything. Apparently insurance is done in three sections for bikes. they are the machine, personal equpiment (mobiles and sunnies) and then safety equipment. so it should be all good, but i was going to use this as a case to wright up info for NSW people to help them if they get into my situation.

Yes i am still in hosptial, liverpool hospital to be exact. not much of a choclate person and would love to have more visitors. PM me for further details if you guy's are able to come out.

the Hume Hwy is a 2 lane each way median divided major road, i realise that where i was hit i should have been a bit more observant but the speed i was going i still belive is ok for the area. especially as i was the only vehicle traveling in my direction.

lastly not sure on the tank but i believe it may have been damaged in the flip over.

thanks to all for the support
  16. faaark! dude i hope you heal up good. that sounds insanely bad! hope the insurance works out fine and that write up sounds good. get better soon!
  17. OUCH ,Wishes for a speedy recovery SANZY :D
  18. there's been so many crashes lately and the car drivers arent getting any better, that only leaves the riders to fix the problem :(
  19. Tough break, sanzy
    I just got home so I haven't had a chance to look since early this arvo.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery, mate, and, if us locals can do anything to help, of course let us know. We're there for you, buddy.