Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by grue, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Am I the only person sick and tired of having to dodge piles of horse crap in the road? With all the stupid stuff they regulate against, you'd think giant piles of politician brains being dropped on the road by those stupid carriages would be one of them. Why can't they have an assbag or something to catch the turds?

2. Funny you're supposed to clean up after your dog, but the horses are fine to leave 100 times as much deposits behind

3. Exactly! How does that make ANY sense?
  4. As I live with 3 horse, 2 dogs, 2 ducks and 12 chickens, I can say with some authority that if you're going to stand in shit, make it horse shit.

5. That's like saying it's better to be beaten with a 2x4 instead of 0 gauge rebar. Sure, but how about not being beaten?
  6. YOU should try riding Macquarie Pass behind a stock truck :LOL:.
  7. I've seen horsedrawn carriages on St Kilda Rd, the horses equipped with assbags, and there's still miles of shit on the road.

Also, they take forever to make a right hand turn across a major intersection, and act as a mobile roadblocks on one lane roads.

If people want to see the city very very slowly and smell obnoxious odours while doing so, they should catch public transport.

8. I used to live in the midwestern US, and the southern major highway into town was next to a packing plant. The horror of riding through that smell on a hot day, I cannot explain.

9. =D>=D>=D>
  10. I was stopped in kangaroo valley once whilst a farmer moved his cows for milking across and along the road a bit to his shed, in the 50 metres or so they moved them it was the slipperiest road on earth with cow shit and piss, glad i was stopped and rode through slow, wouldn't want to hit it at speed, i'm now very cautious every time i ride that little section
  11. Quote of the century!