Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hornet CB900

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Mauser, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Here's a pic I took of my CB900 with its new Windscreen on.

Attached Files:

2. Sorry to be a nay-sayer, but if you want any effect from a screen it needs to be around half that high again (but it DOES look good :LOL:)

3. I would think it would have some effect. Tell us of its wonders OP.

as for its looks well its a Honda. One is reminded of the Quote:
    "You cant polish a turd, but you can cover it in sprinkles"

4. Here's a pic of my CB900, but without a screen.
    th_14122008007.

Lota people seem to diss the Hornet, but I'm not sure why. It's not the kind of bike that tries to be anything it's not, but is actually pretty good at everything nevertheless.
    Commute, two-up, track, B-roads, tour & maybe even dirt roads - this turd betters most that claim to be more.
    It's just a bike that's small on ego.

5. I guess it's the ultimate UJM, nothing wrong with that.

6. Agree with you 100% Marx, I'm totally happy with mine mate.

7. I love my baby Hornet :).

8. I took a Hornet 900 out for a test ride today, happened across one as I mooched around the shop. Wow, what a great little motor! It had far more grunt than I was anticipating, and a Yoshimura exhaust. Which sounded awesome.

Really quite taken by it.

9. Like most things it probably depends. I'm pretty tall and find I cop some annoying turbulence off the top of the instrument cluster, at about 120, and placing my hand there is enough to cure it.

That said, a barn door is obviously better. :)

10. What's the make and model of the screen?

11. The screen is the genuine Honda screen for the CB900 Hornet.
    Like said before, this screen does work, especially at freeway speeds, but obviously a huge screen would work better.

Cheers!!