Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hornet 900 givi rack fitment after fitting slip ons

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by scsaxott, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Hi all,

I have a problem getting the givi rack installed after fitting an aftermarket exhaust. The rack usually bolts on at the the four bolts at the passenger grabrail plus one one each side same point as the exhaust mount bolts. Due to the different shaped cans I can't fit it in there anymore. If I cut of the lower tabs and mounted using only the four grab rail bolts would that be enough support for the topbox? I see that alu-rack makes a rack that only bolts into the grab rail and people have put top boxes on that so modifying the givi to only lock in there should be fine? Or am I just going to have to get the alu-rack. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Seeing as the alu-rack only uses the grab rail bolts, I'm guessing the givi would work that way too, but you'd have to watch the weight. Does either rack have a recommended max weight, and if so are they different?

3. Thanks mole, I'll look into that.