Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hornet 600fs Mods

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by suzyq, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Well as some of you know, I upgraded from my beloved Spada in May to a Hornet 600f 'S' 2001 model. Yep, the model with the bikini fairing. (I think the only 'faired' model in Netrider. Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Anyway, after much deliberation I decided on a 'Blueflame' exhaust as the standard one is pretty hideous. So anyway... here is a pic.. taken on the Ride for Henno.

And to neaten up the rear, we did a fenderectomy and got rid of the hideous indicators that come standard and replaced them with small arrow indicators.

Thanks Bluestorm03 for help with the mods :)
  2. Very Nice!!

love that zorst :grin:
  3. NICE looking zorst mate!
    and yes that arse end looks MUCH better than the standard, which I'm sure you'll agree is just dementedly excessive.

Are you going to put the same indicators on the front of the bike?

Oh and now you can see more of the rear wheel, i think a hugger is in order.....
  4. Thanks Drew, edgelett,

Yep, the same indicators to go on the front. I actually originally had them on the Spada, but I'll get some new ones for that. I've ordered the spacers to fill in the holes in the fairing and when they come I'll fit the new indicators. And yes edgelett, a hugger is definitely on the list. I've also just ordered a bellypan.. Bluestorm03 you'd better order that paint! :grin:
  5. I'm ashamed at how scruffy my Hornet looks when I see that picture, suzy :LOL: (Then again it's done 100,000 kms too.)

The exhaust DOES look good!
  6. lol - sounds like you've caught the bug mate!
  7. Does that pipe burn the passenger's leg? Alternatively, it might be seen as a good way to deter people who are just a dead weight on the back.

My lass's Hornet was stolen 2 months ago and hasn't been seen since. Her's was also immac, blue, but no fairing. Hd a standard-looking but loud-as-bejeezuz 'muffler'. Thief boy (who has since been caught), your time will come.

Put some money aside for a good shock absorber- they really benefit from them.
  8. after I get my windscreen for the road trip to melbourne, a shocker is next on my list.
  9. Thanks guys. I've actually ordered a lowering kit.. being short I've decided that I'll feel more secure with the bike a little lower.

There is also a belly pan on the way. So yeah, the mods have started and I have the bug!
  10. Show off :) lmao
  11. The better half has had no complaints from my zorst. Same setup, but Micron. The link pipe actually gets hotter, and the can is the "race" version.
  12. I can switch my air compressor on any time Paul.............
    Pick a colour and let's go!
    Regards, Andrew.
  13. That's a neat looking bike, I can't wait to see it with the belly pan on.
  14. Thanks guys, no the exhaust doesn't seem to get that hot, just warmish. :)

So 'cos I needed some retail therapy this weekend, I went to the bike shop and purchased some new front indicators, some Pro-grip blue and black grips and some nice silver bar ends. I spent this afternoon putting them on the Hornet. Sorry I haven't taken any pics yet.. coming soon!

Still waiting patiently for the belly pan and lowering kit. :) Bob's already ordered the paint for me. :LOL:
  15. yeah, yeah, I know :roll:.

Actually with the work situation improving we might just have a date to do this stuff soon. I have a 100,000km service due next Friday, but then should be able to buy paint, etc soon after that. And I just found my spare set of "Hornet 599" stickers!!
  16. Just be aware that we are going to re sign our lease here in september Paul, and it will not be an ongoing lease, we are going to look for somewhere to buy.
    So it may be that if it's not in the next couple of months, it might be nearer xmas.
    Plus I am looking for another K project! :grin:

Regards, Andrew.
  17. didn't I mail those back to you a while back?
  18. can't wait to see it, sounds like a blingmobile!