Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hornet 250 manual 1996 model

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Ltpot, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Anyone know where i might be able to find one online? thx in advance for any replies.

2.  Top
  3.  Top
  4. I have the .pdf of the Hornet 600 manual, a lot of that might be useful......

5. Thx for the replies, the main 2 things i'm after at the moment is how to change the oil and i'm still not 100% sure about the fuel tap...i have it facing forward, not sure if that's on or reserve. I think down is off... :oops:

6. No forward is reserve, rearward is main tank, there is no downward positiion. If you squat down beside the bike you will see the legend written on the body of the tap.

Don't know about oil changes, I get someone to do them for me....

7. oh...my tap seems to click once it's turned pointing downwards, i thought that closed the fuel line. Thx anyway...now to find a good mechanic :)

8. ON my 250 it has 3 positions, they are clearly labelled, i will take a snap later if you really want.

Forward=reserve
    Down=Off
    Backwards=On

9. Ok, yeah, you're right, down is off. Never have used it, so that's why I've not noticed.

10. The Honda Japan website has electronic copies of the owners manual for all current model bikes (including the 250 Hornet and VTR) available for download free here:
    http://www.honda.co.jp/manual-motor/
    Not sure what language they're in - couldn't be bothered waiting for one to download.

11. All Japanese to me, I'm afraid.....

12. The oil and filter change on the Hornet 250 is very easy, takes only 10 minutes.

The oil drain plug is on the bottom of the engine and so is the filter (it's an internal filter, just unscrew the cover and it pops out).

It's the same filter as the cbr250 (same engine) and costs $10.