Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Hopper" stays Blue

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by rc36, Aug 30, 2005.

1. John Hopkins's manager announced today that Hopkins has signed with Suzuki for another 2 years, beating off considerable interest from other rival teams. Many felt that Hopkins, highly regarded for his tough attitude as well as his consistent out-pacing of team mate Kenny Roberts, would consider shifting from the uncompetitive Suzuki outfit to another team, but Hopkins has decided to stay loyal to Suzuki and give them another 2 years to become competitive.

I personally hope this decision doesn't backfire on the talented American. Two more years crashing himself into the tar trying to make a recalcitrant bike do things that it just can't do, won't do him or his career prospects much good.
  2. They must of paid this boy a BUCKET LOAD OF COLD HARD CASH!

It is quite amazing to watch the Suzuki constantly try to pound Hopper into pulp. He mostly picks himself up, dusts himself off and gets back on the thing. I really admire him for it.

It's a bit of a contrast to KRJR. :?

Can anybody confirm whether they will replace KRJR?
  3. He's more than talented enough to be racing up at the sharp end of things, so either he figures Suzuki have some new developments in the pipeline or he's being paid a shitload to endure 2 more years of frustration and DNFs.

I've got a bit of time for him, I hope his fortunes improve - he deserves it.