Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hope he's OK.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dale, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Saw a learner rider on a red scooter this morning travelling along the South Gippsland Hwy, splitting stopped traffic. He looked to be in his 40's or 50's (but then I tend to be hopeless guessing ages). I thought at the time he looked a little wobbly, then thought nothing else of him.

A few kms later in Dandenong on the Princes Hwy there were fire trucks and Police vehicles arriving at an intersection. The scoot rider was being attended to lying in the left-hand traffic lane just before a major intersection and his red scoot had been uprighted at the side of the road, albeit very battered.

Hope he's ok.
  2. :cry: :eek: I have a friend in Dandenong in melbourne who rides a 250 honda red scooter who is pretty hellbent on avoiding all traffic, even in his car. He could be mistaken for 40 even though he's my age..

Think I'll msg him!
  3. I saw a scooter rider cross six lanes of the Princes Highway at the bottom of the last hill near the Wollongong University last night. Straight across three lanes, up and over the median strip and across another three lanes to get to the other side. Coal trucks and commuters coming home from Sydney, all doing 100 kays (the limit is 80, but....)!

I got such a shock if almost dropped my hamburger from my right hand and lost track of the SMS I was sending with my left hand :shock: :LOL:
  4. I heard something on the radio this morning about a 23 y old dying on his bike on a roundabout, thought i heard them mention Bellato Rd?