Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hooning or a bit of fun

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by raven, May 8, 2009.

1. It's been giving me the utter shits lately, that the word "Hooning" has become a way too generalized term to describe pretty much anytime someone does something on a bike other than sit there in the seat like a blob and troll along with the masses.

There's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun now and then, so feel free to explore your abilities...BUT...(don't be the kind of tosser that pulls a mono through the CBD)...save your play for when you are away from other traffic and the perceived risk to others is minimized.

In other words...enjoy your ride...but do it smart...or at least in small doses, around cagers.

2. THANK YOU!!!

I'm so glad it's not just me that thinks this!!!
  3. I hoon around these forums, ay.
  4. totally agree with Raven on this too,
    I tend to be a pretty sedate rider most of the time but when the mood takes me and the situation allows for it (no traffic good visibility and nice dry roads) I let myself have a bit of fun which does not necessarily mean speeding.
  5. Theres a time and a place for everything.

I think alot of it comes down to location. If your only putting yourself at risk then go for it.
    As you mentioned monos in a cbd are dumb.
    I don't any issue with people racing when no one else is about esp when it's on the motorway.

Flogging it off the line, I never see any issues with that.
  6. OMG a hoon. Quick impound their keyboard and give them a silly fine :p
  7. [heraldsunpostermode]

What will that achieve? Nothing! He can just grab another keyboard and keep posting. The only way these morons will learn is if we crush their computers and put them in jail for 20 years, cut off their hands, and ban them from ever using the internet again. Why, oh why, is the justice system so pathetically weak in this country?

8. Will somebody please think of the children!!!

9. ahahahaha
    Yeah!...Be "Beige" or outlawed...
  10. The Government has convicted you in absentia on the charge of criminal terrorist treason against the state and unlawfully telling the truth. You have been sentenced to death by firing squad. Please stand by for collection by the first available execution and disposal squad in your area.

There may be some delay as we are experiencing unusually heavy demand at the moment.
  11. you're all dangerous hoons, i know i have ridden with ya :LOL: :p
  12. +1 John, couldn't have said it better myself :wink:

But it's bloody frustrating trying to explain this to a "beige" person
  13. can we start a hoon club, where by therefore anyone "hooning" will not seem out of place with the rest and therefore look normal??

God knows I try to hoon, but i'm limited to my 'lil 250... damn it... :(
  14. Dude, hooning IS a bit of fun!
  15. Agreed...with the addition if you get caught doing a mono at 150kph on a country road, you still gotta cop it :p
  16. :LOL: :LOL: Nominates this for the best Post of The Year (Poty) award!
  17. Ha ha, then you'll get those effective anti-bikie laws thrown at you! Now go directly to jail, do not collect $200 for even thinking of such an anti-social potential child killing idea!!
  18. Just make sure to video your hooning and post it on YouTube.
  19. Will you lot quite yer hooning and grow up!

Those granny's get petrified when you do a wheelie past their 1982 Toyota Corolla! :LOL:

Bloody bikers with your fancy splitting and traffic hooning! :LOL: :p

As you can see being stuck in the cage is driving me mental! :LOL: Should be back on 2 wheels for some hoontastic times in a couple of months, i got away with some pretty cheap repairs (just over 2k) but i'm as broke as a teenage mum who just spent her baby bonus so gonna be some time! :LOL:
  20. Ha! You want real hooning?

here's some genuine hooning!!!