Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hooning - Amish style...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by TonyE, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Amish teen led cops on horse and buggy chase
    From correspondents in Leon, New York From: AP July 22, 2010 11:25AM Inc? LEVI Detweiler, a 17-year-old Amish youth, allegedly led police on a 1.6km-long "chase" after running a stop sign in his horse and buggy and refusing to pull over.

Deputies said they spotted Detweiler ignoring the stop sign last week. According to police, the teen then led them on a chase that ended when he lost control on a sharp turn into a driveway and overturned the buggy into a ditch. He then ran away on foot.

Two other Amish men later helped the deputies free the horse and pull the buggy from the ditch.

The Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office said that after a week-long investigation they have arrested and charged Detweiler with underage possession of alcohol, overdriving an animal, reckless endangerment, failure to stop at a stop sign and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle.

The Amish teen was arrested, charged and is being held on $US500 bond at the Cattaraugus County Jail.

Original article

2. It's not the 1st of April is it? :LOL:

3. The Amish don’t allow the consumption of Alcohol do they?
    From what I have heard about the way Amish sort out justice, the police have nothing on what the community will do.

4. From my understanding its a confession infront of the higher heads in the church congregation, and then a 6 week ban from eating with family, going to church, and doing most things with family/friends type of stuff.
    For people that thrive on being just like each other and working together as part of a community, I'm guessing its quite a stressful time?

5. Yep, Ostracizing is there torture of choice.

6. Maybe Vicpol should have a crackdown on the Amish?

7. I can’t image them getting good headlines out of it thought…
    Police Crackdown on Amish… But we couldn’t find any.

8. Nah, knowing those dickheads they'd have a crackdown on the Amish and end up pinging the Jews. They're still a minority so they can still spin it though ;)

9. What goes clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop, bang, clip-clop-clip-clop,clip-clop?

And Amish ride-by shooting.

10. The Amish are party animals

11. hahahah I LOVE IT

12. why hasnt anyone mentioned the charges hes facing, what is overdriving an animal :-s

13. A pubesent teenager in an amish community finally given some alone time.
    Atlast I can have a wank!

14. probably the same thing as negligent driving or whatever it is here in NSW. but for animals instead. kick them while their down treatment to those who have an accident.

15. Overdriving an Oxen means that you grabbed the bull by the horns.

I'm sorry...I'
    I'll be quiet...