Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hoon jailed for videoing himself

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by edgelett, Aug 23, 2006.

1. from here: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20218815-1248,00.html

let the discussion begin!

2. Wizz is bad Mmkay!

3. idiot got what he deserved.

4. Guess that little black box in the 'Tank Camera' vids *was* justified: I'd thought it might be overkill.

5. *note to video camera* "do not show speedo when videoing self"

i think it's a bit wierd he was "making a movie" or something... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

it's a bit silly!

6. Lawer quotes he has problems with amphetamines :shock: What a shock then he was SPEEDING :p

7. personally he got what he deserved, if he was out, in the hills, just going for a fag (as the roads just near there are great) not hassling other road users i would disagree with the sentence, but from the sounds of the shit he was pulling, it sounds like reckless driving.

8. what a bogan

9. “I'm trying to make a movie, you pathetic fools,” he was heard saying.

“This is an adrenaline rush better than any whack, man,” he said.

“Learn to drive ... get out of the way ... you pop".

What a moron!

10. This meth-fiend sounds above average, he had assets - a car and video cam.

11. Yeah the whole 'speedo in the video' thing always seemed unnecessary to me unless you're desperate to show how fast you're going.

I much prefer the helmet mounted bullet cam - it gives you a better sense of the way the rider's reading the road, moving around on the bike, etc. And you can see the front come up when he wheelies!

12. I'd like to see the front end come up when he wheelies his Commodore :shock:

13. I don't quite follow this bit.

18 month (for driving) + time (for burglaries) + time (receiving stolen property) = 16 months

??

This judge should go to jail for poor maths, or the journo for being an idiot !! :D

Goddamn hoons !! Fancy yelling at other motorists to get out of the way while speeding through traffic ;)

14. but ordered two other sentences for groups of burglaries and receiving stolen property run cumulatively with a parole recommendation after 16 months.

Clearly they were stolen.

15. Why is this in general discussion - not bike related.

(pedantic hump day blues)

16. Worst joke ever.

:p :p

17. scooter: hump day?

You bored out of your skull too?

18. Heh, I don't yell anymore... but I sing along to "Move B1tch" -by- Ludacris, which now goes on every CD I make for the cage :grin:

I recommend you d/l & play it in the car for a laugh when you've got passengers.

19. because I forgot & I hadn't had my coffee yet & stuck it in the wrong place.

feel free to move it mods

20. I think the journo wrote "cumulatively" when he/she should have written "concurrently".