Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hooligan tools part II

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pro-pilot, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Took the VTR back to the shop and got back my CBR600, plus arkra pipe and power commander.
    Gain 12Hp.
    Effect, mass of thunder and off the clock power for 600!.

Have the maps to prove it!
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  2. Yeh yeh yeh. [​IMG]

3. don't mean to be rude but I hope you trust your dyno shop. It is quite easy to play around with dyno run figgures.

Stuff the numbers...... HOWZITGO??????
  4. That sounds awesome, 12HP boost on a bike like that is unbelievable!

So what exactly does the power commander do? is it like racing fuel injection settings or something? any help?
  5. Watched the runs it did. Before and after the exhaust and w power commander.

Makes a hell of a difference.
  6. I believe it not a 12 Hp gain, you are just using more of the bikes power. First the exhaust improves the bike heaps on its own, about 6 Hp alone.

The one I used.

Plus a power commander, which changes the fuel injection / air mix profile of the bike from its stock standard ECU settings.

Combined it released ~12Hp at peak power, But most notable is the throttle response. The front wheel just doesn't want to stay down! :grin:

Need to book into a track day to test the baby (and of course me!)

Will post pics of the unit and exhaust if interested.