Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'Honest/Reputable' Used Bike Dealers in Melbourne

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by RunningALK, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ... if such dealers exist.

I am a learner with no experience looking to buy a bike. I have already gathered from this forum that it is a very bad idea to go to Sumoto to buy a bike.

My question is where are some good places to shop around? Where have you had good experiences in Melbourne preferable, since that is where I live?

2. Get out to Raceway Suzuki in Niddrie would be my advice. They're the only one I found close to what you are looking for.......

3. Agree with triway on that one (has to be a first time for everything... :p ).

Brighton Kawaski I've found to be very honest as well. My daughter was looking for a bike and the range of bikes they suggested she check out included several they didn't sell or have in stock.

4. mick hone is another one we've found to be good.

5. what area of melbourne are you in?

Check out the "Bike Strip" on Marondah Highway in Ringwood, theres about 5 dealers there in a pretty short distance, both second hand and new. i suggest A1, good bunch of guys there. if you need the address :google:

6. Jeffrey Honda in Ferntree Gully are excellent to deal with.

7. another thumbs up for Raceway Suzuki

8. jefferies is pretty good. picked my bike up there.

few places on the ringwood bike strip are good, a few of them were nice to deal with (though didnt get bike there :D )