Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda VTZ-250: Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by MonkeyUrine, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Thinking of buying my first bike.
    I've found a 1988 Honda VTZ 250 but I can't find much information on it.
    Is it too old? Unreliable? No good as a first bike?

This is what it looks like.

[​IMG]

The asking price is $2000. Worth it?

2. dont quote me, but i thinks its a vt (spada) variant

3. Who cares, i like it, buy it!!

Everyone knows that 1988 model hondas are the antz pantz.

If it is a spada variant (and it looks like it is) it will be reliable and a solid bike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's missing its chain guard. That might be a rwc requirement, I can't remember.

Personally a rare 23 year old grey import is not the best choice. Due to parts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It is an earlier Spada, but it's before they went the Castec frame and that doesn't look like the same motor either... Are you sure it's an '88? Looks older...
    The tank, seat, front end etc look "compatible" however.
    $2K doesn't sound bad considering you'll actually pay less than that, but I'd check out whether things like cam chains & tensioners are still available first.
    You could also get a bikini and belly pan for that one, which would look cool if you could still find a set.

6. The ad says 1988. Compliance date, perhaps?

7. It does look early rather than late eighties, but it doesn't matter really. Once a bike is 10 years old condition rather than exact year is important.

Have a look at it and check the condition in person, but if you are keen on buying maybe try to source a new chain guard. If you can't get one easily it will show what trouble if you bought it.